ive been shopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenwest1

Landlord.
Reaction score
a quick local trip and look what i found
DSCF3512640x480.jpg

so lets get started
DSCF3513640x480.jpg

i think i would prefer to drill the copper pipes instead of using the slots , what size should i drill the holes please
cheers

That's my shopping list! :thumb:

Can't help you on the hole size as i cut grooves (with a junior hacksaw :shock:) - Grooves for grain, holes for hops...

I agree with Adrian on this one, holes for hops and slots for grain.
When i made my tun, i used a dremel to cut the slots. It only took about half an hourand around 10 cutting disks.

If you don't want to cut slots and you have to drill holes I'd go small 1 or 2 mm. I have 2mm holes in mine but also have a mesh sock over it like people have done with the hop stoppers. Never had a problem since fitting the mesh had grain husks getting through the holes before that.

well ive made a start

DSCF3514640x480.jpg

DSCF3516640x480.jpg

see what time i get tomorrow

if any one else is going to think of using 1 of these for a boiler be very carfull if using a hole saw otherwise it may snag when drilling and split the plastic

Nice work.. as dear old Roy Castle used to say .. 'Dedication. Dedication. Dedication. That’s what you need.' :cheers:

Well done - Just as a matter of interest, what's the blue bin made from?

Just as a matter of interest did you notice what the wall thickness was when you cut the holes in the bin?

tubby_shaw said:
Just as a matter of interest did you notice what the wall thickness was when you cut the holes in the bin?

Also I don't suppose you have graduated it and so you know exactly how much it holds :pray: - if it is nearer 60l I am off to Tescos... :thumb:

Cheers
Paul

fight then well ive had a boil up and it was still quite ridgid not to floppy
so its all good
now i have just got to go and get a couple of flange connectors
not bad a boiler for less that 20 quid all done

Nice bit of shopping, I'm sure they'll give you years of pleasure! :drink: :drink:

BB

Not too sure about the boiler, be careful with the boiling wort, after a few boils it might crack on you! ;)

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Nice bit of shopping, I'm sure they'll give you years of pleasure! :drink: :drink:

BB

Not too sure about the boiler, be careful with the boiling wort, after a few boils it might crack on you! ;)

i belive you may be right
but as i have never had a go at this i did not want to spend a fortune and find out that it is not foe me

Latest posts

Back