iSpindel has gone quiet?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put a new battery in my iSpindel recently. Charged it up, popped the battery into the holder, holder into the tube, tube into brew [* this is the edited highlights version].

Eventually the iSPindel stopped sending. Final reading had a battery value of 3.32. It had sent me 128 hourly readings from an initial battery value of 4.18.

I have recharged the unit : switched it off [switch towards the reset pins]; plug in; LED glows red; 3 hours later LED goes blue.

Remove unit from charge cable, turn it on [switch away from reset pins]: expect to see a little blue LED flash on the PCB, see nothing.
Wait for reading to arrive: nothing.
Turn it off & on again: nothing.
Try shorting the reset pins: expect to see repeated blue flash and 'iSpindel' on WiFi: nothing.

I suspect I have an ex-iSpindel. Anything I can do? I have not yet taken the battery out to test it, but the fact that the blue 'charged' LED lights up when it's plugged in to charge kind of indicates to me that the PCB is not dead.

Latest posts

Back