Is my new twin regulator faulty?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you turned the screw in the middle. You need to wind that in till you get the required pressure showing on the dial then lock it off with the locking nut.

Well i'm totally new to kegging so i dont know how much is too much.. i dont want to blow my keg up while it's right next to me! Is that possible?

Did you see me in the video adding pressure and the dial not moving?

I need to know how many turns it usually takes to start to bring the dial up on an empty keg.

Have you tightened the regulator onto the bottle with a wrench and made sure you place the plastic disc in there first?

Turn the pressure off and remove the clock, turn the pressure on slowly and see if owt blows out??

Then wind out the screw in the middle and turn the cylinder on. If there is gas coming out then unscrew it until it stops. If you can still hear gas you've got a leak and will probably need to refit the regulator to the cylinder as above.

The regulator is on tight, I used a wrench but I dont know what plastic disc you mean, I didn't get one with my setup.

Will try that now BarnsleyBrewer...

I got the same regulator from norm and it came with a plastic disc that fits nicely into the end which attaches to the cylinder. It's there to make it airtight.

OK I unscrewed the dial out and when I turn the pressure up air comes out of the hole where the dial was.

I've got a plastic disc under the knob you turn to increase the pressure and I've got this thing that came with the co2 cylinder...

2qsw8z4.jpg

Its neither of those things. Screw the dial back in somewhat - you don't need to bring it out completely to stop the flow.

When you say the dial do you mean the low pressure regulator dial or the knob you turn to increase/decrease pressure?

After taking the low pressure dial out and putting it back in it now leaks. Does it need some grease or something on the thread?

OK there's no leak now. It's back to how it was.

Can someone tell me how easy it should be to see it register to 5 PSI with an empty keg?

Yeah it doesn't make a difference. The tank dial stays just over 50 and the keg pressure dial stays at 0. I'm scared to push too much into the keg incase I blow it up but I think the amount I'm putting into it should at least show up on the dial. Is there any way I can just test the low pressure dial?

I tried taking the disconnect off the keg and screwing the regulator screw down to build the pressure into the pipe with the disconnect hanging loose but it still stays at 0 on the dial.

It sounds like it's not working for some reason - I can't think of anything else to try

Latest posts

Back