Inline filter?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenki

Reaction score
Hi All, I was contemplating adding a filter like this to my tap on the boiler to filter the wort into the FV, and also adding one to the taps on the FV's. They have a stainless 400 micron filter.
Anybody have comments pro's or cons? they are 1/2 in BSP so can be easily fitted to a compression fitting tap
Cheers
85240.jpg

I think someone either on here, or on Jim's uses one of these on his boiler tap. Where are you loking at getting it from? I might have to look into it! :thumb:

In my opinion the hop strainer in the boiler should be sufficient to form a filter that will remove the majority of debris, if it isn't then the small piece of 40 micron mesh in that filter will soon clog :(

leedsbrew said:
I think someone either on here, or on Jim's uses one of these on his boiler tap. Where are you loking at getting it from? I might have to look into it! :thumb:
HERE
tubby_shaw said:
In my opinion the hop strainer in the boiler should be sufficient to form a filter that will remove the majority of debris, if it isn't then the small piece of 40 micron mesh in that filter will soon clog :(
I was thinking that this in conjuction with the the hop strainer might produce clearer wort, then when added to a secondary FV prior to a keg may again help for a clearer pint? I am concerned it may block though :wha:

why not just use a sieve, or even let the bits get captured in sediment in the fermenter. My thinking is that generally if no ones doing it it probably doesn't need doing!!!!!

Latest posts

Back