India Pale Ale - Bottling Questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyCar

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm about to put my brew into 2L pet bottles, but I wanted to make sure I'm going to do it right!

I'm going to empty the bottles and sterilise them and then rinse them out thoroughly. I'll then prime them with sugar, about 1 tsp per bottle.

I'll take the fermentation bin and empty the brew into each bottle using the tap that's on the side of the bin. I'll then leave them in the shed for about 2-3 weeks to hopefully be ready for Christmas :D

Do I need to empty the contents of the bin into another bin before I put it into bottles? I've done this before but i worry that this is a cause of infection from it being exposed to the air.

Cheers

You are better off being a little more accurate with your measuring of the sugar usually 3-4g per litre is better.

You are better off using another sterilised FV to bottle from and that way you can add all the necessary sugar in bulk dissolved in a little boiling water. If you do it that way you won't run the risk of sucking up any sediment into your bottles.

Finally make sure the beer is as clear as you want to drink it before you bottle it. cloudy beer in will result in cloudy beer out especially if you are using 2L pets not the easiest things to pour out of without disturbing sediment. :thumb:

Back