I'm now the proud owner of...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calumscott

Regular.
Reaction score
...24 litres of lidl apple juice.

They don't half look at you funny when you check that lot out, what? :D

When I got my last lot from sainsburys the checkout woman was asking me about it and I ended up having to write out a turbo cider recipe as she was that interested lol.

On my second batch drinking and third is brewing, it's not bad, very drinkable, and 8% gets you hammered if you drink a lot.

:lol: They do give you funny looks. At first i thought i was just being paranoid. When i once sent 25 2L bottles of fizzy through the checkout followed by 5 bags of sugar, the woman behind looked at me as if to say "I'm surprised he's got any teeth left".

I make regular orders for Winebuddy at the Tesco Diect desk if I happen to be there. The charming Asian ladt behind the counter said her religion forbids her to drink alcohol, so how could she enjoy the wine I make.. She's actually a hindu, not a muslim, but if she were, I could inform her that they are forbidden to drink the fermented produce of the grape and grain, but there are plenty of alternatives, like cider and mead!

calumscott said:
...24 litres of lidl apple juice.

They don't half look at you funny when you check that lot out, what? :D

Yes, only too well. From a previous occasion when it was even cheaper and there was a £5 off £30 spend voucher in one of the newspapers - got it for 27p/litre:

lidlapple.jpg

Latest posts

Back