How to make a pressure gauge dial face the right way?? Help!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyconga

Reaction score
I've recently got into kegging my beer in Cornelius kegs. I'm setting up a kegerator so that I can have a few different beers on tap at once. This involves having a few gas pressure gauges so I know the pressure in each keg and in the CO2 bottle.
The problem is that when I screw the gauges into where they are supposed to go (primary and secondary regulators) they tighten up facing the wrong way or sideways. I can't untighten them as then gas leeks out. I've tried using PTFE tape but that doesn't seem to work well.

Has anyone else had this problem or similar and can help?

I looked into that but it's expensive... Also even on my co2 bottle regulator the dials face in wierd directions. I replaced the dial it came in with as it read to about 200PSI which didn't give me enough control at about 10PSI.

There must be a way of being able to adjust the direction dials face??

I had a similar problem with dials on a regulator. I think the only way to solve it, which I did, is to add much more PTFE tape to stop the thread winding in so far. Have you tried the thicker PTFE gas pipe tape? This is about three times as thick. Another thing to try is Loctite 55 thread. I have found this will work when PTFE tape fails. What's more, the 55 thread allows you to adjust the angle of the joint slightly back on itself without leaking.

When using ptfe tape you don't have too wind things up as tight as you can get them, firm is enough

Thanks Chastuck and Aquila. I guess I just need more PTFE and I'll look into the gas stuff. I've only got the really thin stuff. Cheers

Latest posts

Back