How much priming sugar should I use for 330ml Bottles?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgawt

Reaction score
Hi guys spent a while on the site searching for a clear answer on this
Most threads end up with everyone recommending bulk priming. This is unfortunately is not an option for me. I would love to do it but I've not got enough time to order a container and I'm trying to keep my assets as minimal as possible as I'm living in a tiny flat in London.

I brewed an American style Pale Ale and I'm looking to keep the carbonation levels low. Some people have been saying that carbonation drops, although suitable for 375ml bottles work. But this leaves me feeling a little uneasy about them coming out as carbonated as a Lager, which I want to stay clear of.

I've been pointed to some calculators from various articles but I'm always stumped when it asks what CO2 level I want. Pale Ale comes up as an invalid amount (Ha!)

Also I'm not looking for just an answer I'm looking to understand priming. If you could share any link you know of as well that would be great.

If it helps...
American style Pale ale
23L
currently sitting at 19C

Cheers team and thanks for your help as always,
S-

Hi,

Why not just bulk prime in your FV? I just prepare my priming solution and add it to the top of my FV before giving it a gentle stir in with a sterilised fish slice...

Last few batches turned out fine :D

DirtyC

Rob, now there's a calculator I like! Cheers for the help. Surprised I didn't come across this on my travels!

DirtyCaner not a huge fan of that idea. I take it you've never had any of the bottles miss priming at all? Do you let it sit for a bit after a gentle stir? I'm not a huge fan, but I can be persuaded....

Latest posts

Back