how do i shrink my corny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homers brew

Reaction score
I have acquired a fridge, and ideally wanted to stick me cornies in there to condition.

However, they are half inch or so too tall. Does the bottom rubber part come away, and possibly more importantly, does it glue back on. And will this give me the half inch I require.

Or is this just general abuse to cornies, and i should seek a different fridge.

Don't forget to measure it with the disconnects on . . .you may find that that adds another half inch onto the height as well. . . .Ideally you need a fridge with 29" from floor to ceiling

Aleman said:
Don't forget to measure it with the disconnects on . . .you may find that that adds another half inch onto the height as well. . . .Ideally you need a fridge with 29" from floor to ceiling

Double balls. Although I don't necessarily have to have the disconnect connected all the time though. Was hoping to try a bit of lagering in it.

I have assumed lagering is done under co2 in a pressurised container - such as a corny - or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyone recommend a book on that covers lagering because it's not really covered in any of the ale books I have.

Greg Noonan 'New! Brewing Lager Beer'

Although it doesn't really cover lagering that well . . . however there is nothing to say that it has to be done under pressure, you could for example put it in a a budget keg and lager in that. Ideally you would want as small an 'air space' above it as possible . . . and to purge all the air with CO2.

Aleman said:
Greg Noonan 'New! Brewing Lager Beer'

Although it doesn't really cover lagering that well . . . however there is nothing to say that it has to be done under pressure, you could for example put it in a a budget keg and lager in that. Ideally you would want as small an 'air space' above it as possible . . . and to purge all the air with CO2.

Ordered, thanks.....hoping to try out a lager as one of my first brews on the 'big rig'.

Lagering is quite easy, brew in october, put in keg with a bit of top pressure, leave in garage, hope winter is cold, drink in march.

Other than that a few weeks at as close to 0 deg as possible in a cornie or cheap keg will also do the trick.

Looking forward to seeing the big rig in action.

UP

Latest posts

Back