Hose connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Zee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried using the brass type hoselock connections on their brewery (link below)

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?a ... egories%3C{9372012}%2fcategories%3C{9372020}%2fcategories%3C{9372099}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dsprinklers___hoses&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372012}%2fcategories%3C{9372020}%2fcategories%3C{9372099}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dsprinklers___hoses%2fspecificationsSpecificProductType%3dconnectors&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=lister&ts=1280685578336&isSearch=false

Would they work at high temperatures?

The connections are fine, think they're even cheaper in Wickes. Problem is getting 15mm hose that's food grade, but if you search the forum Vossy has some now and then

Hi...
Not seen them but how do they seal???? if it's got a rubber/plastic seal inside would it be food grade?? if it's designed for the garden they won't worry about the type of rubber they use. :wha:

The male connector has a rubber washer on the end (same as the plastic Hoselock system). If this is a problem it could be replaced with a food safe one.

I picked up some of these at a boot sale earlier in the year. I only use them on the counterflow chiller so can't say if they are food grade, but they are a tight fit on to my tap connector block (the one that converts a kitchen sink faucet to a male quick connector), mind you I think I paid about a quid for a set of 5 various ones, all in packets. :thumb:

If your worried about the rubber why not just replace them with nylon washers or cut a couple to size from a silicon baking sheet

Latest posts

Back