Hi from Stoke.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goaty

Reaction score
Hi Peeps

My name is Simon, currently living in Stoke on trent. After years of telling people I was going to make my own wine, I decided to actually do it. I have brought what I concidered as a reasonable newbie set. I feel I may have made the initial mistake of going to try the 7 day wines. I wanted an intro into it, and get my feet wet so to speak ^^.

I brought - 1 x Australian style Blend, Merlot 7 day wine kit - 23L and a Cantina Gold Pinot Grigio Wine Kit.

Any advice as I say would help or point me in a direction where advice is. I have as yet not started them off. I am wating for some small peices of kit to arrive namely siphon kit, grommets for the lids and some camden tablets and some Vertical LCD Temperature Strips.

Well thats my intro. Hope to do well here and one day be of use myself ^^

Simon.

Hi, welcome to the forum :drink:

I don't make wine, Moley is your expert in that department.

I do know one thing though, your 7 day kit will not be ready in 7 days.

Welcome Simon from stoke on Trent! Can't really do much wrong with those kits, just make sure everything is clean and sterile, and watch your temps while brewing!

If you don't have one on order, id get a hydrometer as well.

Just follow the instructions and all should go well, there are loads of videos on YouTube if you just want to watch someone do one before you give it a go, there is a channel called craigtube, he has some helpful videos for beginners... But you're obviously in the right place for info should you need it.

Enjoy your brew

(as Steve said though, they won't be ready in 7 days)

Back