HELP!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't bud, the tap is for pouring. The bottling stick goes in the top of the barrel and the contents are syphoned out.

bobsbeer said:
The stick just fits onto the tap spigot. Thats how my Youngs one fits. There is a white plastic sleeve on the end.

Is that the little bottler thing? If what the op has is the same as mine it's totally different. My bottling wand just goes onto the end of the syphoning tube.

scott you are now my best friend thanks, makes so much sense now. thanks everyone you are all a great help.

it's not that one pittsy. but i am going to get me one of them!!! mine is just like a straw with a bit on the end.

i haven't fitted mine as yet , been using a syphon with a bit a extra tube on the end after a screw tap , seems so much better , just got to get another brew on which i'll be doing the following weekend . I may as well honour the Queen with it :D

I'm guessing it's this one...

4332330567_bac7f6f372.jpg

If so that's what I use. Great bit of kit, I wouldn't bottle without it :D

the candyman said:
thats the one scott. do i just suck on the end? (ohh errr mrs!!!!)

It depends really. Unfortunately with it's deisgn you need to push the little tab in with your tongue and suck, I guess this will leave germs on it.

I've done it this way loads of times and had no issues so it's up to yourself. If you were worried about this another option would be to start the syphon without the wand attached and pinch the tube before the brew gets out the end. While holding it pinched closed you could then attach the wand to the end of the syphon. This could be a bit footery but it would mean less chance of infection :D

That's not for syphoning! (Well you could, but that's just making life hard for yourself)

Attach it to the tap with some appropriate tubing. Open the tap, stick it in the bottle and push down so the little valve at the bottom opens.

James has it :thumb: also remember to open the lid slightly to allow for equalisation of pressure otherwise you'll get bubbling up through the bottler/tap/beer....you don't want to do that :grin:

What do you mean not for syphoning? It's for bottling via a syphoning tube, that's what I bought it as and that's what I use it for. Never used it with a tap or a keg yet, works fantastic and makes bottling an absolute doddle.

Scott, you can use them for both but it's far easier to use a tap and carries less of an infection risk if you're sucking to start the syphon.

jamesb said:
Scott, you can use them for both but it's far easier to use a tap and carries less of an infection risk if you're sucking to start the syphon.

Ahh, I don't have a tap. I always syphon into a secondary anyway so it won't make any odds to infeciton, although I guess it'll be 2 bites at the cherry :D

I attach my bottling wand to a siphon pump via a lenght of tubing. No suck, no mess, no contamination. Works fine. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back