Help Help Help!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Devil

Reaction score
I have been a user of this forum before but wasn't able to log back in, so I am registerd as Red Devil now! I have done several kits including Tom Caxton Real Ale & Woodfords Wherry Bitter all of which have been great.. So I thought I'd splash out and buy a Muntons Gold Smugglers Ale kit which is in the FV (which will be a nice winter brew just intime for xmas...it says to use spray malt for priming.. would you advise me to do this or is priming with sugar good enough???

I also bought a Coopers Masterbrewers I.P.A kit and I am really confused by the instructions.

Most of the kits I have done instruct you empty the wort into the FV, add 6 pints of boiling water, then sugar/enhancer then mix then top upto 5 gallons with cold water and add the yeast.. but this coopers kit intructs you to: disolve contents of can and fermentable sugars with 2 litres of boiling water, top up the fermenter with cold water to the 20 litre mark and mix.. then to top up to 23 litres then add the yeast (it even suggests you can you hot tap water)!!! so has any of you good fella's out there ever done one of these coopers kits and if so how did you go about doing the mix? would you advise to follow the Coopers instructions of just do it the way I have done all the other kits? I dont want to ruin my brew and would really appreciate you help guys! also the Coopers kit advices to use 500g of spray malt and 300g of dextrose (which I presume is just normal enhancer).. would it make my beer **** if I use sugar instead of am I better of using enhancer?? sorry its so long winded!! Please help :?: :?:

ive done a few coopers kits but not the one you are brewing, as far as im aware it says to add 2 litres of boiling water to the extract and sugar then top up to 20 ltrs with cold water then check the temp, if its on the high side then you top up to 23 ltrs with cold water or if its lower than 21oC then u can add hot water to get it between 21=27. i dont know about adding the spray malt to be honest but dextrose is just normal sugar, i assume the beer kit enhancer would work out aswell.

Latest posts

Back