Hello from SE london / NW Kent

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgd

Reaction score
Hi home brewers,

I'm completely new to home brewing, I've lived in my current home for well over 10 years and it's only this year that i've discovered blackberries growing in my garden, usually I cut the brambles right back as soon as they appear (small kids + thorns = bad) but this year I left them, this led to me having rock solid blackberry jam in my fridge (over boiled i guess but I still cant bring myself to throw it out yet).

Then searching for 'blackberry recipes' brought up a wine recipe and here I am (oh and i live about 10 mins walk away from a ridiculously large source of wild blackberries). I bought a kit and created a 2 gallon blackberry must yesterday (yeast is going in today).

I've no idea if this will be a passing fad for me or a hobby yet but it's been enjoyable so far and the satisfaction of opening a homemade bottle of wine (assuming it doesn't taste like vinegar) should drive me on for a fair while yet.

Welcome to the forum thumb.

I have never made wine from fruit i am lazy and it looks like too much hassle to both make it then wait many month while it ages and becomes drinkable, i cheat and make mine the easy way -

How to make Supermarket Juice Wine - HERE.

Hi home brewers,

I'm completely new to home brewing, I've lived in my current home for well over 10 years and it's only this year that i've discovered blackberries growing in my garden, usually I cut the brambles right back as soon as they appear (small kids + thorns = bad) but this year I left them, this led to me having rock solid blackberry jam in my fridge (over boiled i guess but I still cant bring myself to throw it out yet).

Then searching for 'blackberry recipes' brought up a wine recipe and here I am (oh and i live about 10 mins walk away from a ridiculously large source of wild blackberries). I bought a kit and created a 2 gallon blackberry must yesterday (yeast is going in today).

I've no idea if this will be a passing fad for me or a hobby yet but it's been enjoyable so far and the satisfaction of opening a homemade bottle of wine (assuming it doesn't taste like vinegar) should drive me on for a fair while yet.

Welcome. BR3 here can't be too far from me. I went blackberrying in South Norwood country park on Thursdsy - never seen so many.

Hi Horners, Yes, I know Bromley pretty well, my dad comes from there so we try to get over to see the ravens a couple of times a season and I'm a big cricket fan too so get over to Beckenham to see Kent when they are there. I'm in DA1 so very close to Dartford heath, blackberry picker heaven.

Latest posts

Back