Hello from North Yorkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchmalt

Reaction score
Hello
I’ve been on this forum a few times as a guest, and have finally decided to join. I have had a short history of kit brewing over the years, but only started seriously in March when I adapted my Dad’s old giant stock pot into a boiler with hop strainer and made myself a mash tun! I’m on #14 AG and am loving it. Just starting looking properly at water treatment at the moment, so am reading up on old posts. I’m enjoying all aspects of brewing and have managed to get a brewery yeast from a bottle to 6th generation, but am using bought yeasts as well when I haven’t been organised enough to make the starter. I’ve done a few pale ales and IPA ‘s and a few stouts, as well as a couple of bitter recipes, mostly from Maltmiller. I just made the Belgium Blond from them this weekend as my Christmas brew. Since I joined on Sunday I’ve already seen how to make a mag stir plate, and am keen to do it this weekend. I’m really interested in submitting my efforts for the comps, as a way of getting some feedback and advice. Anyway that’s me!

Welcome to the Forum! North Yorkshire is a big place, but if you are anywhere near York we have a really friendly Homebrew Club that meet every couple of months. Meeting this coming Saturday at BrewYork. :)

Welcome to the Forum! North Yorkshire is a big place, but if you are anywhere near York we have a really friendly Homebrew Club that meet every couple of months. Meeting this coming Saturday at BrewYork. :)
Im only in Malton! I would definitely be interested, i play rugby on a Saturday during the season, bit would be keen in the spring summer, thanks a lot

Meeting is at 19:00 sat but we are there till 11 (often later!)
We set brew challenges just for fun, but you don't have to attempt them, just bring a bottle of something to share and have a chinwag about brewing. Check out The York Craft Ale Exchange Homebrew Club on Facebook.

Back