Hello from Dublin!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
Hi all,

Delighted to finally join this forum as all the homebrew questions that I have & search online invariably get answered here.....so about time I joined you guys.

I got back into homebrewing kits in 2021 after a 30 year hiatus. I've brewed in excesss of 40 kits since then, generally with great success, and have been blown away by the quality of beers that can be produced these days, provided you've got a little bit of patience (and some yeast & sugar!)

Looking forward to getting involved in discussion 🍻

Hi Satch
Welcome aboard, what’s your favourite kit so far? 🍻
Thank you Baldylocks. I dabbled quite a bit with the Youngs kits initially but quickly found myself veering towards the Bulldog premium kits and, more recently, Mangrove Jacks kits which always seem to deliver impressive results!

At a push though, I'd probably have to say Bulldog's Evil Dog & Bad Cat IPAs would be the kits I most enjoy and most look forward to making ( & drinking!)
I've currently got an Evil Dog in primary which I'll leave there for 28 days, adding hops only on Day 24. Then straight to bottling, batch priming with 150g dextrose. I wouldn't have ordinarily left anything in primary that long previously but last time I made the Evil Dog it was absolutely perfectly hopped & carbed using this method so I'm tending to leave in primary much longer now as it's never given me any problems and seems to deliver perfect results.

I've got some Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA & Mango Pale Ale in bottles also and they are seriously good too. Festival's Belgian Pale Ale is another one that's stood out for me and I've a full batch of that conditioning at the moment. It's tough going, this homebrew lark!

Thank you Baldylocks. I dabbled quite a bit with the Youngs kits initially but quickly found myself veering towards the Bulldog premium kits and, more recently, Mangrove Jacks kits which always seem to deliver impressive results!

At a push though, I'd probably have to say Bulldog's Evil Dog & Bad Cat IPAs would be the kits I most enjoy and most look forward to making ( & drinking!)
I've currently got an Evil Dog in primary which I'll leave there for 28 days, adding hops only on Day 24. Then straight to bottling, batch priming with 150g dextrose. I wouldn't have ordinarily left anything in primary that long previously but last time I made the Evil Dog it was absolutely perfectly hopped & carbed using this method so I'm tending to leave in primary much longer now as it's never given me any problems and seems to deliver perfect results.

I've got some Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA & Mango Pale Ale in bottles also and they are seriously good too. Festival's Belgian Pale Ale is another one that's stood out for me and I've a full batch of that conditioning at the moment. It's tough going, this homebrew lark!

Hi Satch,

I've currently got a Munton's Cloudy IPA kit fermenting. I'm an All Grain brewer but got the kit as a present so looking forward to how it turns out (enjoyed how quick it is to make a kit).

Might be worth you watching the interview with one of the founders of Verdant brewing on the Malt Miller youtube channel. A generally inspiring video but in particular he talks about how you can make really good beer by making your own recipe up with some malt extract and a load of hops.

Hi Satch,

I've currently got a Munton's Cloudy IPA kit fermenting. I'm an All Grain brewer but got the kit as a present so looking forward to how it turns out (enjoyed how quick it is to make a kit).

Might be worth you watching the interview with one of the founders of Verdant brewing on the Malt Miller youtube channel. A generally inspiring video but in particular he talks about how you can make really good beer by making your own recipe up with some malt extract and a load of hops.
Thank you for that Twostage, I will definitely check out that video. Nothing like a fresh challenge beyond the kits.
I suppose provided there's not a huge financial outlay & additional space needed I'd be absolutely willing to give it a go.

Latest posts

Back