HBC 431

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LewisA

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've managed to pick up some HBC 431, which is no mean feat in continental Europe unless you are willing to sell an arm and perhaps a leg in shipping. In any case, I just wanted to see if anyone has any experience brewing with this hop? I was thinking of going for a single hop, light ale / larger to bring out the fruity flavour profile but any advice is appreciated?

Has a lovely peachy flavour and aroma, works well in a Golden Ale.
Sounds nice, did you use it with any other hops or by itself? How much do you normally use as well for the boil if you don't mind me asking, I've read it can be fairly potent?

My general rule of thumb for late additions in pale coloured British ale be it Golden Ale, IPA or Barleywine is 1g/L per every % ABV.

For, example a 20L batch of 4% ABV Golden Ale will have 80g of hops in the last 15 minutes. Typically 20g at 15 minutes and 60g at flame out. Then whatever first wort addition to hit the total IBUs, based in the α-acids of the hops.

Hope that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back