Grainfather app

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja7

Reaction score
Hi there not sure if this right spot for this but need your feedback and any bugs on the app ..
Been in talk with grainfather app team last few weeks with missing bits on the app from grains to yeast etc
They agree on my list and gona be updating my list this week and asked for any other info from brewers
I said i post it on hear for user feedback .
Anything els that people can think of

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241015_182347_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_182347_Email.jpg
    33.2 KB
I'd love to be in contact with them! How do you have an inside track to the team? (I'd assumed there was no development as it doesn't seem to have been changed much in a few years).

Stock inventory management would be the biggest feature request. Allow the app to keep my inventory of malt/yeast/hops and automatically deduct them from the inventory when I brew. That would make my life a lot easier.

I noticed a bug on Sunday. During the mash (at 65°) I went to the next step to adjust the mashout temperature from 75 to 72°. It immediately changed the temperature of the current step, not the mashout

The water additions calculator is buggy. Specifically, its calculator will not calculate enough acid addition and leave a lot of residual alkalinity in the mash.
1000017637.png

I end up having to adjust it manually to get the red line in the green section

Oh, and step mashes seem to have broken the OG calculation in the latest version. I found this out the other day, I had a hockhurz profile set up and it looked like it only took the length of the first step into account when calculating the OG, which at 20 mins left a really low OG. The second stage was ignored. And the temperature of the mash has no impact on the expected FG either.

Pic still bit hazy sorry best i got .
Em been in talks with the team just by email for few weeks . Just a case of me having a moan about no updates etc for years and not having the correct malts yeast so needed to use grainfather insted.
I got a reply and we gon from there .
Private msg me your email and i include you in the email in few days so you can talk direct aswell with the team leader about updates

Cost is a good reason. But I've never tried tried brewfather. I use the grainfather app because it's simple, dead easy to connect, is pre-configured for my grainfather kit and has all my recipes stored in it.

It works well enough that I've never had a reason to try something else

That makes perfect sense, I came to it the other way round, I found a brewing app that suited me when using a 3-vessel kit and only later bought a G40. Consequently, I don’t bother with the Grainfather app because my various sets of brewing equipmenf and recipes are configured in Brewfather which allows me to scale recipes between them easily.

Latest posts

Back