Golden Stag - ready to bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pavalijo

Reaction score
Rehydrated and pitched yeast day 1 at OG 1.040 (stirred vigorously but below what I expected).

At average 21.5c by day 5 I hit 1.014, with a target FG of 1.009.

Added dry hops day 9 at 1.012.

Racked off into CO2 filled fermenting bin that doubles as bottling bin on day 14, through hop filter, as didn’t want to leave hops in too long. Still 1.012 in spite of occasional bubbles.

Day 16 increased heat to 24c. Today, day 17, still 24c and still bubbling, but still 1.012.

When I racked off to the bottling bin the surface was very clear. Now it has the surface shown below (my hydrometer reads from the top of the meniscus).

So despite some bubbles it has stuck at 1.012 (vs target 1.009) for the last 8 days at least.

So would you bottle it?

09C3B3E2-2E44-4179-B202-87B5858DA72F.jpeg

I would bottle straight away personally.
Sitting at the same final gravity for 8 days is telling you "do it now" !!
As for the kit saying target is 1.009 this is their thought based on their own (presumably) repeated findings...but in your own set up and temperature control it can contribute to differences in how yeast behave.

Bottle and enjoy !!

Thanks Davvy, still bubbling every 2 minutes or so but SG not moving so it’ll be bottled tomorrow.
The dregs from when I racked it tasted good.
I’ll put it in the wet room to carbonate just in case!!

Latest posts

Back