Gluten Free Beer Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google for "Gone with the wheat". (edit: I see somebody provided the maker's name for the sorghum kit)
It's an extract kit, canned sorghum syrup plus hop extract and yeast, 3 versions (presumably just the hops and yeast change)
I've got one going now, but I've messed it about a bit - brewing short, and in demis instead of a bin - and it seems to be taking a long time

Alternatives:

Ersatz ales: search the jimsbeerkit forum for the maker "Duncan Incapable" and his recipes "Four Star" and "Red Diesel"
Really weird ingredients list, but turns out good ale.

Try malting some millet and doing an all-grain with it. If you search here for 'millet' you'll find how I got on with that.

I've seen Quinoa being used for gluten free beer.

Quinoa is very easy to malt at home, and you can then roast certain portions to desired levels to get richer colours and flavours from it.

This is definately an experiment which is on my to-do list.

I am buying a Sogram extract today. My 2nd batch is for my wife, she is Celiac. I buy the extract from a mistuckey creek in Warwick, NJ.

jkrevat said:
I am buying a Sogram extract today. My 2nd batch is for my wife, she is Celiac. I buy the extract from a mistuckey creek in Warwick, NJ.

It's not so easily available on our side of the pond, sadly.
Millet's easy enough to malt, though, and I think I heard of somebody in the USA doing it commercially so you wouldn't have to do it yourself, might be worth your googling that a bit. I think the flavour is probably closer to barley than sorghum is.

Latest posts

Back