Football season 2024/2025

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1724006162725.png

I wouldn't swap Haaland for him ;)

Haaland - best of the stats

The Norway striker marked his 100th Manchester City appearance with his 91st goal to help earn the Premier League champions an opening-game win at Chelsea.

Pep Guardiola - "I don’t know how he does it but to score 91 goals in 100 games in this Premier League in this country is unbelievable."

Haaland's numbers since joining Manchester City from Borussia Dortmund in the summer 2022 make for stunning reading:

Haaland has scored 64 goals in 67 Premier League appearances.
No player has scored more since his Premier League debut. Mohamed Salah has the next-most goals in that time with 38 in 71 games.

Haaland has the best minutes-per-goal ratio in Premier League history
(minimum 20 goals). He has scored a goal every 85 minutes. Sergio Aguero has the next best record with a goal every 108 minutes.

In his first season at City, Haaland scored 52 goals in 53 games in all competitions, a record for a Manchester City player.

Haaland's 36 league goals in his first season took him past the longstanding joint records of Alan Shearer and Andrew Cole, who scored 34 each in the first three seasons of the Premier League - when teams played 42 games.

Haaland took just 48 games to score 50 Premier League goals, 17 games fewer than previous recordholder Cole.

This season Haaland could win his third consecutive Premier League Golden Boot. Thierry Henry was the last player to win three in a row in 2004.

And i for one can't wait until the bubble bursts, 115 charges and still ongoing, they have 100% broken the fpr but innocent until proven guilty or until the bribe money dries up

And i for one can't wait until the bubble bursts, 115 charges and still ongoing, they have 100% broken the fpr but innocent until proven guilty or until the bribe money dries up

Bubble bursts :laugh8:

All the bitters are still waiting, dont you find it strange they have dealt with many clubs within months of finding out they have broken rules but they cannot make anything stick to city its all going to end in millions of pounds spent on lawyers and a slap on the wrist, if you believe anything serious is going to happen like us being demoted or having titles taken off us you are going to be a lot more bitter by the end of this.

Bubble bursts :laugh8:

All the bitters are still waiting, dont you find it strange they have dealt with many clubs within months of finding out they have broken rules but they cannot make anything stick to city its all going to end in millions of pounds spent on lawyers and a slap on the wrist, if you believe anything serious is going to happen like us being demoted or having titles taken off us you are going to be a lot more bitter by the end of this.
You never know. Slight difference between 115 breaches and the couple the other clubs had. Plus the other clubs weren't putting up much of a fight. City and EPL have more to lose with this fight and it's more complicated with titles at stake etc.

Don't think they would have charged you without some sort of proof.

Don't think they would have charged you without some sort of proof.

I am expecting them to make something stick and we will probably get a huge fine but i will be very surprised if the punishment is greater than that.

Something needs to change. I was listening to the over lap last night with the ex Liverpool manager on, Rafa. He was basically running the club on a shoe string compared to united, Chelsea and city. The sooner it's leveled up the better, it will make for a more competitive league. Unfortunately I can't see anyone else winning it when Pep is at city. It really shows how well Jürgen did to win one and run them close on many other occasions

Something needs to change. I was listening to the over lap last night with the ex Liverpool manager on, Rafa. He was basically running the club on a shoe string compared to united, Chelsea and city. The sooner it's leveled up the better,

Here we go again poor old Liverpool being held back by the big spending clubs, you need to do some fact checking before posting -

You have the third highest average weekly wage and your wage as % of income is higher than Man City and Man United :roll:

1724324784624.png

1724324568833.png

You can show all the charts you like city have 100% broken the rules, at a guess i would wager the FA are terrified of the the consequences of losing a top club

You can show all the charts you like city have 100% broken the rules, at a guess i would wager the FA are terrified of the the consequences of losing a top club

Here we go again move the goal posts to suit your argument the charts were to show you were talking out of your **** not to prove city haven't or have broken any rules!

I will try again, you said -

Rafa. He was basically running the club on a shoe string compared to united, Chelsea and city. The sooner it's leveled

But clearly you are not now running on a shoe string you are spending nearly as much as the clubs you slate and even more as a % of income and you have nothing to show for it.

You have the third highest wage bill in the PL and your wages are a higher % of your income than the teams you mention you say things need to change that is hypocrisy of the highest order!

Last edited:
Here we go again poor old Liverpool being held back by the big spending clubs, you need to do some fact checking before posting -

You have the third highest average weekly wage and your wage as % of income is higher than Man City and Man United :roll:
Obviously you never watched the show

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I wish I found this interesting, but I don't.

I find the disparity between grass roots football and the major leagues unacceptable and so much worse than the majority of other sports.

Latest posts

Back