Fittings for old King Keg?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
Many thanks to hairybiker for the trade which gave me this king keg, and he very generously provided an old sodastream cylinder so I can get a refil of that cheaply (once I find somewhere local stocking them).

Now, the keg is an old style, so doesn't have the 4" wide neck of the modern ones.

The valve has a fair old amount of corrossion on it and I wonder if I might be better replacing the valve completely :hmm:

But what with? Or can I clean it up with anything that'll take that corrosion off?

What kind of adaptor do I need to allow me to use the sodastream bottle?

4976141405_ef91296963.jpg

4976751998_a33a29dc58.jpg

Hope someone can help!

:drink: :drink:

I don't know how widely available the sodastream gas is.
I've a feeling they are pretty hard to find these days.....but someone did mention that the sodastream was being relaunched, so that may have changed.

Your local homebrew shop (or a www one) should be able to source you the correct replacement valve if the sodastream refills are available.
If not, I know that S30 valves are widely available that take the Hambleton Bard cylinders - you may be better off with one of those.

ATB

I've found a sodastream adaptor that works with the S30 valve - can anyone tell if the valve in my pictures is the S30 valve??

I think I can get an S30 valve for around £8 and the adaptor is another £10 :(

On the other hand, according to the soadstream site, there is a supplier local to me, so that would be easier for future gas refills than having to pay £7 or £8 in postage every tyime I need a cylinder refilled..

ok , thanks :cheers:

- so any tips on cleaning it up?

Is there a seal kit I could get for it to make sure it'd do the business?

Latest posts

Back