First Wine Kit For A 'Beer' Brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darcey

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello All,

Mrs Darcey has noticed all the lovely all grain beer I make and as a wine drinker has asked about doing kits for her to sup at some point. I have looked at some of the kits in the HB shop near me (Stockport) who seem to stock everything from a 1 demi to 5g kits varying very much in price.

Considering that I can control my fermentation and I have Fv's of 5g and I am used to sanitation and handling yeast what kit would people recommend I do? I have a simple plastic corker and all the chemicals handed down for doing WOWs etc but I have never done any wine kits or done a 1g WOW. I think she wants a supping white of some kind. I dont mind spending the money as I have seen they can go up to £70+ for a 5g kit.

Any recomendeations.

I would really like to get in to the wine thing in the autumn doing 1g batches but for now Mrs Darcey is after something drinkable.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

D

California Connoisseur is by far my favourite kit wine, it's absolutely fantastic, better than your standard £5 a bottle supermarket wine by a long shot in my opinion.

Megaross said:
California Connoisseur is by far my favourite kit wine, it's absolutely fantastic, better than your standard £5 a bottle supermarket wine by a long shot in my opinion.

Thanks,

I'll have to wait until there is a free FV and get one going. I'll have a look over the kits section as well. Not really delved in to the wine making side of the forum! :shock:

D

Hi Mr & Mrs Darcy

I must agree that Cal Con wine kits are well worth the money , however I do think that they can taste a little " over oaked "
if you use all the supplied oak in the kit , also I leave the Sauvignon Blancs for about six months before drinking .The result is as good as many New Zealand wines.

Latest posts

Back