Festival New Zealand Pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby_patty

Reaction score
I ordered this yesterday and planning / hoping to drink it at a family bbq later in the year . At the time of ordering i also purchased Coopers beer enhancer no 1 which states on the box enhances pilsner type drinks . My question is when should the enhancer be used and should it replace something in the kit ? I know i should just make it as per recipe and decide what to add on future brews but as i only make a few beer kits throughout the year i would like it be the best it can . I ordered it whilst consuming wine and thought i had read to add coopers to improve but can no longer find any reference to it . Any help gratefully received.
Matt.

Hi Matt,

The brew enhancer is used as your addtional fermentables when making up the kit - I'm not familiar with this specific kit, but most will tell you to add approx. 1kg of sugar (If it is a 1 can kit) - the enhancer should replace the 1kg of sugar, or at least most of it.. You can add additional fermentables (i.e. sugar) to increase the ABV, but be careful, adding to much fermantables to the kit may exceed the alcohol tollerance of the yeast you are using.

Simon.

I don't think that you will need to add the enhancer to a Festival kit as everything that you need should be in the kit box. I haven't made that kit but all the other Festival kits that I have made haven't needed any additional ingredients as they are 3kg kits rather than the 'kit and a kilo of sugar' one can kits.

Back