Drum taps - are there any alternatives?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardy

Reaction score
I barreled my second brew at lunch time,and my son has just stuck his head round my office door to tell me the tap was dripping. I managed to tighten it some, but it's going to be a total bugger when it comes to pouring the first pint.

So as the title says, is there an alternative to the Drum tap?

ta

Ball valves and tank connector? Theres a guy puts the two together with a bit of 15mm copper and sells on ebay for about £9 for the purpose of home brewing.

these,

There are a variety of taps available, have a look at barley bottom site, in the forum header.

pjbiker said:
Ball valves and tank connector? Theres a guy puts the two together with a bit of 15mm copper and sells on ebay for about £9 for the purpose of home brewing.

these,

This guys has some pretty good looking home made stuff. Will probably be ordering a thing or two from him when it comes time to move to AG for me.

Hamstead Homebrew have a couple of alternatives to the standard drum tap.

I believe it is possible to fit a proper flow control Dalex type of tap to them as well . . .In fact Hamstead Homebrew used to sell the conversion kit to do so.

If you do change it and it's a bottom tap keg then just remember that you will have to lift the keg up or allow the tap to overhang a shelf edge

Latest posts

Back