Ditched the Brupaks Chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TartanSpecial

Landlord.
Reaction score
I had major leakage problems yesterday with the brupaks immersion chiller (that I reviewed the other day) at the hose connection so got 10metres microbore 10mm copper pipe at Wickes for �£21 and spent 15 minutes bending it using a saucepan as a former. The ends that connect to the hosepipe will dangle over the edge of the boiler so even if there is a leak it will not go into the wort. Additionally, the old chiller (on the left) was approx 6.5mtrs of tube whereas the new one is 10metres, so I should get a quicker cool. OK its not as neat but...function over neatness.

Resize of P1030748.jpg

Resize of P1030750.jpg

The new version on the brupaks site now has hooks....no idea why the old version didn't.

Couldn't you have just bent the ends of the Brupaks one over and attach new hose?

Good job though.

Couldn't you have just bent the ends of the Brupaks one over and attach new hose?

The chiller is a bit too short to do that, but I was looking at putting a couple of elbow joints on it and extend each side by 6-12 inches but v short lengths of 10mm copper were going to work out at £4 or£5 (e-bay) plus £2 for the elbow joints, so I thought, why not just spend £21 and have a much more efficient chiller with no solder joints...

The chiller is a bit too short to do that, but I was looking at putting a couple of elbow joints on it and extend each side by 6-12 inches but v short lengths of 10mm copper were going to work out at �£4 or�£5 (e-bay) plus �£2 for the elbow joints, so I thought, why not just spend �£21 and have a much more efficient chiller with no solder joints...

Fair do. Plus of course it's fun to make one.

Back