Corny questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moley

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok, I've read Vossy's excellent guide to Cornies and tubby_shaw's how to clean them, but I'm completely new to these things and sill have a couple of questions.

I seem to have 2 or 3 leaky poppets. Is this fairly normal, will they seal better when there's a bit of pressure inside the keg, or should the posts be replaced?

I haven't spoken to Norm yet but I know I will need two lids, at least one new ‘gas in’ post (missing) and possibly more (as above). Any idea what sort of numbers I'm looking at?

I know I will need a few lid, post and dip tube o-rings, but I've already seen Norm's ebay prices for those, unless Aleman comes back with his information on silicone rings.

Regulators seem to have two inlets and one outlet, a dial to 60psi, a screw and a tap.
If I've got gas coming in from the right, does this make sense?
PB10050305.jpg

Could be wrong but they look like secondary regulators for gassing individual kegs, think you'll still need a primary regulator to attach to a gas bottle :hmm:

Before contacting Norm have a look at the Hop and grape site for a guide

Yes, ok, I should have said “I've got this pair of secondary regulators, does this set-up look right?”

Moley said:
I've already seen Norm's ebay prices for those, unless Aleman comes back with his information on silicone rings.
OK Lid O Ring is around 87-90mm and is 6.6mm thick No direct replacement for this :( but ORS-BS341 at 11.25 for 5 will fit the bill (probably :pray: ) Another Alternative is ORS-BS621 at 3.75 each

Post O rings ORS-0106-24 at 6.25 for 25

Dip tube O rings ORS-0076-24 at 12.50 for 50

Moley said:
If I've got gas coming in from the right, does this make sense?
PB10050305.jpg
:thumb:

Bump:
Moley said:
I seem to have 2 or 3 leaky poppets. Is this fairly normal, will they seal better when there's a bit of pressure inside the keg, or should the posts be replaced?
Also, does anyone have Norm's phone number? I can't see it on the links page.

Moley try getting the pressure up to 20psi for a good seal, Then I use a water spray to check the seals

Think he's back Lurch as he's items up on Ebay, last week he had nothing up

Ace, need to get those kegs in commision. I've a brew sat in a secondary with no place to go.

Latest posts

Back