Corny Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morepunk

Reaction score
I've only been a member on THBF for a few days and I've already purchased a shiny corny keg!

Thing is, until now I've only ever used King Keg pressure barrels with tiny CO2 cylinders. I have no idea how the corny works (I don't have it in my possession yet but I'm told that it comes with disconnects)

My question is this: what extra equipment do I need (I've read briefly about regulators, but how do I know I'm buying the right thing?), what size CO2 canister will I need, and how do I use the corny?

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

Where did you buy your corny from if it was norm you can find him in the links at the top of the page he will put you right mention the forum he's only local so you may be able to collect save the postage you will need co2 bottle and regulator

morepunk said:
I've only been a member on THBF for a few days and I've already purchased a shiny corny keg!
Welcome to the forum...
Get the corny sterilised quick or they breed, :shock: ask other ownwers. ;)

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
morepunk said:
Welcome to the forum...

BB
Welcome.

He's right you know......I ended up with two new tiny babies at the weekend :lol:

I grabbed the corny from eBay - it's been used before but should suffice as a starter. I'll speak to Norm once I have my keg, so I know for definite what it comes with. Where exactly is he based?

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Sounds pretty dangerous - gonna have a mighty big hole in my pocket at this rate! ;)

morepunk said:
gonna have a mighty big hole in my pocket at this rate! ;)
images

morepunk said:
I grabbed the corny from eBay - it's been used before but should suffice as a starter. I'll speak to Norm once I have my keg, so I know for definite what it comes with. Where exactly is he based?
As Eddie said, click the LINKS bar at the top of the page & Norm is there.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
I've now got three, with another on the way :D

morepunk said:
Sounds pretty dangerous - gonna have a mighty big hole in my pocket at this rate! ;)
Again,, Oh Yes :lol:

Think I'm quite happy with five :wha: , but if i got a couple more I could condition it for longer before supping, but then wasn't that the reason I bought the last couple for......

......Yeah I think sevens enough :whistle:

In the current economic climate I can barely afford even one... I guess I could chuck my King Kegs on eBay to raise a bit of dosh. I dream of the day I can have 7 cornys...

Latest posts

Back