coopers kit lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownsplit

Reaction score
Just put my second brew in the barrel after 14 days its a coopers lager kit form.my og was 1036 if I read it right and my fg is 1016 I used enhancer No 1 for the first fermentation and muntons enhancer for secondary fermentation took extra care with sterilization of utensils have a look in another 14 days . :cheers:

I'm guessing you only used a small amount of the muntons - say 80-100g? In future, you can get away with priming with table sugar and save yourself the cash - the small amount doesn't make a significant difference to flavour and carbonates just as well...

Once it's been in the warm for a couple of weeks, put it in the cold for a couple of weeks - that way it will absorb the CO2 better.

Congrats on getting it underway :cheers:

"Only the best stuff goes into my brew" Bottler ,it was a bag that was lying about so I used 160gms into 23lts thanks for all your comments.I will keep you informed how it went on. :hat:

Am i right in thinking that once a brew enhancer is opened, it should really be thrown away rather than stored as it absorbs moisture from the air?

You are so right in thinking that simonlpearce but seing as it cost me nothing and a couple of mates will be using the rest I am trying to experiment with enhancer v sugar see if there are any differences to head and fermentation properties, thanks for your concern. :party:

Latest posts

Back