Complete beginner in edinburgh

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shug

Reaction score
Hello all,
Thanks first to my good lady for finding this forum for me!
I'm eager and completely inexperienced at brewing. As a teenager I made some pretty interesting ginger beer, but now I'm all growed up and have the time I'm looking to brew the real good stuff.
So far, I've made a batch of coopers dark ale, and threw out a batch of tooheys old that went wrong. (bad yeast)
I'm eager to start making some good brews and have a goal in mind, tho I think I'll need to practise with a couple more kits first. (and read up on what on earth to do! Found an old homebrew book in second hand bookshop. The cock ale sounds interesting!)

Cheers! :drink:

Welcome; There's some great guides in the "How To" section to get you started. You'll want to be going AG pretty soon then :lol: :twisted:

Nice to meet you!

I think Tubby Shaw did a Cock Ale - do a search for it and hope you have a strong stomach!

Welcome Shug.

I'm in Edinburgh too, and just got my 3rd kit in the FV at the moment. i got a starter kit for Christmas, found this forum and have bought all of my other bits and pieces from Davie Martin @ Edina homebrew, just off Easter Road.

Lots of good advice on here, and more to be had from Davie.

Cheers

Hi Shug :drink: :drink:

I work in Edinburgh, and occassionaly nip into Edina for brew stuff - highly recommend them - just prepare to be in there chatting for a while :lol: :lol:

Dunfie said:
Welcome to the forum Shug.

Was this the "Cock Ale" recipe you noticed in the book? I got sent a bottle and it was very nice. :D
Recipe I had needed a whole boiled cockeral, the older the better apparently. Had raisins in too. Not sure where I put that book now!

Back