Chocolate Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Was in my a pub called Fernandes tap in wakefield last weekend. Fernandes is a micro brewery and now owned by Ossett Brewery. Anyway tried their Chocolate stout and it was a revelation, sweeter than normal stout and not as harsh on the tongue. - Really need to get going again so does anyone have a chocolate stout recipe please?. :pray:

Another alternative if you can get it is Star White Chocolate Essence . . . In this the 'chocolate' is extracted using bourbon . . . talk about an incredible chocolate hit . . . Ideally look for the cocoa powder with the highest chocolate solids as you have less fat and therefore less effect on head retention.

I have just bottled a chocolate stout but it didn't have any cocoa in it at all. I made it will biscuit and roasted barley. It smells incredibly chocolatey in that slight bittersweet kinda way chocolate does. Not positive it tastes that way, it's still a bit green at the moment

nc
Brewed one myself last weekend, missed out the actual chocolate but included the chocolate malt and roast barley.I tested the gravity last night and had a taste and it was really nice already and just a couple of points away from final. Can't wait to get it bottled. :)

Back