Cheers! from Blackpool

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceteri

Reaction score
I've been reading the forum for about 2 months now and decided it was time to say hello! the advice i have picked up so far on here has been great.

Hi everyone, i got into homebrew about 2 months ago through buying a youngs beer kit from Tescos. So far this has turned out rather well although i did make a few errors, like not de-chlorinating the beer water. So far i have completed three brews with the beer now in pressure barrels/bottles conditioning (if they don't get drunk before then!) I have so far done:

Youngs Red Wine Kit (cabernet Sauvignon) (bottles)
Youngs Lager Kit (5 gallon pressure barrel with Co2 injector)
Wherry Premium Kit (5 gallon pressure barrel)

It's safe to say that for the moment i am hooked, what a great hobby with the obvious benefit you get to drink everything you make :cheers:

the home brew stock in tescos is pretty limited now and i'm looking to see what else is on offe. I noticed a couple of people on here are from the Blackpool area, does anyone know of any good homebrew shops in the blackpool/lancashire area that would be worth a visit?

Cheers!

ceteri said:
the home brew stock in tescos is pretty limited now and i'm looking to see what else is on offe. I noticed a couple of people on here are from the Blackpool area, does anyone know of any good homebrew shops in the blackpool/lancashire area that would be worth a visit?
Ay Up Ceteri and welcome...This is a database on the forum ..updated by Vossy on a regular basis of Stockist andSuppliers of Grain, Hops and equipment. This should help ;) http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10

Welcome ceteri :cheers: We've a shop in St Annes & one in Thornton. They are both on the database, plus, there is a health shop in Kirkham. Of course there is always Wilkinsons in town, right at the back, cheap as chips. :thumb:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, i went to the Thornton shop today and got a Coopers European lager kit (anyone tried this?), which is now in the FV. I also decided to brew with brewing sugar this time round to see if there was a difference (does this really make much of a difference?).

Cheers!

Back