carbonation problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamGo

Reaction score
hi all, its been a week and half since my honey lager was bottled and naturally ive sampled a few bottles, there doesnt seem to be much carbonation happening though, i have to pure it straight into the glass rather than tilting it and puring slowly just to get a thin layer of froth ontop and there doesnt seem to be many bubbles either, it does taste a little fizzy though.

i used the same amount of sugar in the bottles as my bitter and if anything thats a little too carbonated. only difference between the two is the bitter spend 4 days in the house bottled before it went outside, whereas the lager went straight outside in the shed.

anyone know what ive done wrong? is there anyway of re-carbonating the lager?

thanks

It takes time mate, My routine is 10-14 days in the FV, 10-14 days in the house after priming, then at least 4 weeks in the cold shed.

Maybe the shed is a bit to cool for the priming suger to ferment?
Dont quote me on this as im quite new to brewing but as i understand it after you bottle you have to store them in a warm place for at least a couple of days for the priming suger to ferment
and then move to a cool place for conditioning.

jarvo said:
Maybe the shed is a bit to cool for the priming suger to ferment?
Dont quote me on this as im quite new to brewing but as i understand it after you bottle you have to store them in a warm place for at least a couple of days for the priming suger to ferment
and then move to a cool place for conditioning.

Thats exactly what I would do :thumb: move them to a warmer place for a couple of weeks (will take about that to carbonate properly ;) ) befor cooling them. The fact that they are a little fizzy now proves that there is viable yeast in the bottles so they will be fine. :thumb:

I had a similar thing with my first brew, but put it in the warm for a few days and that livened things up :thumb:

Latest posts

Back