Brupak, now what?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QED

Regular.
Reaction score
As some of you may have read my first post, you'll know i'm a complete novice. I have 1 Brupak (London Bitter) under my collar (or should I say down my neck) and a Brupak refill (Scottish 80 Shilling) in progress. This has gone the way of wetting my appetite for brewing and has been ideal for my current level of brewing knowledge (i.e. none). However I don't know where to go next?

In a very naive next step (if this was a horse racing gamblers forum, I have moved on from betting on a horse because I like the horses name to betting on a horse because I have heard of the jockeys name), I was considering buying one of these kits as a next step on the brewing ladder....http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/index.php ... t-set.html

Do you think that this is a sensible next step?
Is it going to teach me more about brewing in nice easy manageable steps?
Does this kit have longevity or is it just a bigger Brubox?

Thanks in advance.

The items in the kit have longevity . . . . And although I know and respect the Woodfordes founder brewer, the brubox kits are better quality . . . Use two brubox kits in the woodfordes kit and make much better beer.

The kit is fine, but if you progress it may end up being a waste of money.

You can price the items up individually at Wilko's

If I were to start again I'd go straight to corny's and skip plastic barrells.

I know its a pain and takes time, the best drink you'll get is probably from a bottle, not a keg

Sean_MC,
I have already bought 20 "Grolsch" style bottles for the Brupak so buying another 20 and continuing with the bottling for the time being would actually suit me best (especially if the taste is better). With that in mind, do I basically need everything in that kit, minus the barrel? If so, I may just buy them all separately as you suggested.

The most important thing to buy is a hydrometer and trial jar, so you know the original gravity, when brews finished and ready to bottle.

Tubing for syphoning to your bottles or a tap for your fermenter. Personally I prefer to syphon and not disturb the sediment\trub.

Sterilizing solution, some people use Milton, thin bleach etc. I like VWP and never had a problem with infection......yet :pray:

I often run short of bottles, but find 2ltr plastic coke bottles great for short term storage......who am I kidding all my beers stored short term ;)
If you can put a few bottles aside for a few months, they'll taste better for it

Happy brewing :drink:

Latest posts

Back