Brewferm 9l Kit in 10l Bucket?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a bit of a dilemma. I got a Brewferm triple kit for Crimbo off the mrs. and as it's a 9l kit I was wondering what sized bucket to use? I have a 10l bucket which is actually probably just over 11l or a 25l bucket.

My dilemma is I hear these kits can foam excessively which would call for more headspace but is 25l too much headspace which could potentially lead to spoilage?

Has anyone successfully done a 9l brewferm in a 10l or 25l bucket?

Do it in the 25l. I have the coopers FV which is about 30l. Add to that the krausen collar and the lid it its more like 35l space above a 23l brew and ive never had any problems with spoilage - never even realized spoilage of beer was possible with too much space. Doesn't the CO2 layer produced above the beer protect it somewhat?

I also currently have 15l in a 23L bucket - seems to be doing fine

If your worried about it then put it into the 25lt for the first few days then rack to the 10lt once it's calmed down. But I don't think it is really necessary as the void will fill with co2 anyway.

Yes the 25l one.......I have done several Brewferm Kits & they all foam dramaticaly.
:thumb:

Back