Brewday 23-11-08 Oatmeal Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well, on the half promise I made on Friday I got my backside out of bed to make this. It's essentially Vossy1's Sam Smiths recipe with a couple of mods.

23l brewlength

3.6kg Pale Malt
0.5kg Flaked Barley
0.28kg Oats (Roasted at 165degC for 60 minutes)
0.28kg Crystal Malt
0.38kg Chocolate Malt
0.10kg Roast Barley

35g Target (AA meant to be 10.7 but they've been hanging around in the open for ages)

Mashed at 66 deg for 90 minutes, 90 minutes boil.

S-04 yeast.

No pictures again sorry. The only mishap was spilling malt all over the kitchen floor.

I also managed to pick up two more cornies on a semi-permanent loan :party: which are now sat next to me at work awaiting pressure testing when the boss isn't looking.

jamesb said:
Well, on the half promise I made on Friday I got my backside out of bed to make this. It's essentially Vossy1's Sam Smiths recipe with a couple of mods.

Which Mods? The one out of Quadraphenia or Paul 'the modfather' Wellar? :lol:

MEB said:
jamesb said:

Which Mods? The one out of Quadraphenia or Paul 'the modfather' Wellar? :lol:

:roll:

Are you here all night?

Hey jb, glad the brew day went well :thumb:
I'm drinking my OS right now and it's getting better day by day :drink: ...shame it wont make it to maturity.....again :whistle: :oops: :cheers:

Back