Blueberry Wheat Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukulele Kris

Reaction score
I'm a massive Doctor Who fan, and I want to make myself a beer in time for it's return to our screens in Spring. My figuring is, make a Blueberry Wheat Beer. Why? Because I like wheat beers, and then I can also call it...

Blue(berry) Box Beer (because the TARDIS is a blue box, yersee)

My initial thoughts are to get this : http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... Lyvz-RSiAg

And add frozen blueberries.

But obviously this could have consequences, I guess.

What consequences could there be?, and what advice could you give before I attempt this?

hi , the kit you have linked isn't a wheat beer really plus its a low strength brew , the Belgians brew a wit (white) bier that often has orange and cori (like the 1 linked) , The Germans brew a weizen (wheat) but is often called a weiss bier (white beer) both are caled white beers simply because all other beers once upon a time were dark and so a wheat beer is very pale (sometimes). i don't think blue berries and cori/orange will go together .

I've read in a couple of places that blueberries ferment out pretty much to nothing in terms of flavour or aroma.

Hmm, so how about if I was to add blueberry juice towards the end, before racking? (I could brew it a couple of pints short, or something)

... either that, or I just make the On The Rocks Blueberrry Cider, but that's not as fun, haha.

Back