Blichmann Beer Gun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Blichmann Beer Gun

I bought one of these babies a few weeks ago, coupled up to a cornie with some Videne solution in it for sanitising quick purge then Bottle away.

This thing is the dogs doodas I like it, it makes bottling a piece of Peece.............

I will never use my little bottler again

UP

Been thinking about getting one since xmas, any tips Shane and where did you get yours from

There is only one place to get one in the UK AFAIAA Sean "HOP AND GRAPE"

NO TIP OTHER THAN BUY THE ACCESSORY KIT WITH IT AND A T FOR YOUR GAS.

iS DEAD EASY TO CLEAN JUST PART FILL A SPARE CORNIE WITH THE SANITISER OF YOUR CHOICE PURGE THROUGH LEAVE A FEW MINS SWITCH OVER TO THE BEER, PURGE THEN BOTTLE AWAY INTO SANITISED BOTTLES.

Just ensure you have a clean sanitised Holster to put it in between bottles.

I sanitised 12 pint bottles the beer gun, then bottled 12 bottles, crown corked them on the foam and cleaned up everything within 1 hr, and I still have sanitiser in the spare cornie to use again.

A record for me well easy and I would defo reccomend one.

UP

Totally agree, used mine for the first time yesterday and once I got my head around what was supposed to go where it was a piece of **** to use. I found that a Demi Jon filled with no rinse was handy as could simply pop it in when I needed two hands to put a bottle cap on. I got mine from Hop and Grape alone with a hop rocket but not had a chance to use that yet.

Rob

borischarlton said:
Totally agree, used mine for the first time yesterday and once I got my head around what was supposed to go where it was a piece of **** to use. I found that a Demi Jon filled with no rinse was handy as could simply pop it in when I needed two hands to put a bottle cap on. I got mine from Hop and Grape alone with a hop rocket but not had a chance to use that yet.

Rob

Are you looking at stocking them in future Rob???

Man it looks complicated to start with but what an easy tool to use and you can get the carbonation just right as well, I like simple engineering that just works.

UP

I use a piece of pipe in the end of my party tap to do the same thing. Great idea to take it from Cornie to bottle as no yeast and it is carbonated :)

HowlingDog said:
Sean_Mc said:
Been thinking about getting one since xmas, any tips Shane and where did you get yours from

Good tip - chill your bottles first.

We don't generally need to in the UK cos its never much more than about 12deg C ambient anyway :D

Seriously though, great TIP "Howling Dog" (Red Indian ancestors? reminded me of the joke Punchline "Why do you ask two dogs fecking" :grin: ) to get the best out of one Its an idea to chill everything, less CO2 will come out of solution if everything is cold as possible.

UP

I found a rather tall glass vase with a heavy glass bottom, which holds a litre of videne and the beer Gun stands in that between bottles.

It is absolutely brilliant for bottling full stop. It matters not is you are bottling carbonated beverage or bulk primed 'bottle conditioned' ale. You just swap the length of beer line you use, or the diameter (Normally 3/16 for carbonated beverage, but 3/8 for bottle conditioned)

Another tip fit a non return valve to the gas to the corny after the T, this way the pressure doesn't change up and down when you are purging your bottles, which encourages the CO2 to stay in solution . . .and less fobbing

Aleman said:
I found a rather tall glass vase with a heavy glass bottom, which holds a litre of videne and the beer Gun stands in that between bottles.

It is absolutely brilliant for bottling full stop. It matters not is you are bottling carbonated beverage or bulk primed 'bottle conditioned' ale. You just swap the length of beer line you use, or the diameter (Normally 3/16 for carbonated beverage, but 3/8 for bottle conditioned)

Another tip fit a non return valve to the gas to the corny after the T, this way the pressure doesn't change up and down when you are purging your bottles, which encourages the CO2 to stay in solution . . .and less fobbing

I have got one never used it yet , got from the hop and grape to along with a mill :-)

Slightly different tanget, but they dont have any in stock so had a look round the site and found some optic corks and rubber ones. Placed an order for 5 of each = 2,50p and they want 11 quid for delivery to Northern Ireland or 7.50 to english addy :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No thanks!! :nono: :nono:

santa needs to get me something i feel this might be a good pressie

do i need the accessory kit?

i have beer line and a few disconnects will that work aswell?

Yes you will want the accessory kit as it enables you to connect you beer gun to your gas system. I'll take some piccies if you want of how it all goes together so you can see what's what.

Back