beer line and connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growler

Regular.
Reaction score
as some of you may remember I have recently obtained some corny kegs ( I have 3 now :D )

I have also got a set of 4 beer taps which I obviously want to use with my kegs the problem is the different sizes of beer line and connections has me a bit confused

2 of the taps would take the beer line supplied with my kegs 1 of the taps has a smaller connection and the last one has a really small connection

A, what is the best size to use for Ale?
B, how do I tell what size I have I think what I have is 0.375mm outside diameter

thanks

Growler said:
A, what is the best size to use for Ale?
B, how do I tell what size I have I think what I have is 0.375mm outside diameter
I think you may have your dimensions muddled, as I understand it the most common sizes are 3/8 and 3/16 inch, although half inch is also used for beer engines. I only have two taps at the moment but all of my gas and beer lines are 3/8" (0.375").

as soon as I get home from work and recover from the 5 mile push bike ride :D

yes Norm delivered my kegs rather than posting them as he is only up the road

IMG00011-20101224-1647.jpg

these are the taps I got of e bay

IMG00021-20101227-1934.jpg

okay the tap is a calsberg export tap with what I believe is 3/16" x 0.117" pipe and the green pipe is I believe 3.5mm x 3mm and the connector goes up to 0.375"

all the new pipe I have is either 0.265" x 0.375" or 0.250" x 0.375"

so I have 3 working taps (the fourth is busted :( )
one takes 3/16" direct
one takes 3.5mm and the last takes 0.375"

Latest posts

Back