beer engine - gas pump?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazypara3165

Regular.
Reaction score
Been looking into a beer engine however ive seen one that requires a gas pump....... can anyone shed any light on what a gas pump is?

Hi krazypara3165

I had a beer engine for a short while until I sold it to a local landlord, I've seen the gas pumps on the wall down in beer cellars but I think they're not needed for home brewing as we tend to have short beer lines and the hand pump will easily draw beer from a keg a few meters away, in fact you'll find the beer will pump itself if you have it connected to a pressurised keg!
Make sure you have a check valve fitted just before your hand pump, this will only allow beer to flow from the keg through the pump when you pull the pump, otherwise it will just pour continuously if there's pressure from the keg.

Hand pump and polypin works very well. Several people on here use this method.

Cheerz, thats what im after. However the advert for the beer engine says it needs a gas pump? I have never heard of this before...

Cheers! I never got it in the end, so I will keep my eyes out for the proper ones!

Back