Banksy.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Landlord.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Turns out the guy uses a stencil, l am not saying he isn't an artist but I imagine most of us thought it was done freehand.

They are suggesting this latest stunt with people stealing the dish was set up as he normally sprays on walls.

I don't get the whole Banksy hype it's graffiti stop giving him publicity he sells paintings for millions.

Tbh I like his humour. And if he has found a way to make a quid with it good luck to him.

I don't agree graffiti is graffiti if he wasn't famous councils would remove it like they do other graffiti, it's free advertising on every news channel he is not making a quid he is making many millions .

Generally speaking, an original Banksy painting can cost between £200,000 - £300,000 GBP. Prices for signed prints can start from around £35,000 GBP and unsigned works from about £12,0000 GBP. .

I think the artwork is Sh!t really especially as he does not paint them but stencils.
I agree with Chippy it is vandalism the property being defaced is not his, people do not complain because for some strange reason people will pay good money for them.

for some strange reason people will pay good money for them
The is what annoys me about it if he was painting stuf on canvas then giving them to charity to a auction I wouldn't mind but he is getting free advertising for breaking the law.

I also find all the secrecy ov er who he is a little tired now.

I wonder how many other wannabe graffitti "artists" he has encouraged surely under new social media laws to come he is inciting people to damage other peoples property???.
Lets go for him and take all his money and give it back to damaged properties and charity he is obviously living on the proceeds of crime

I think the artwork is Sh!t really especially as he does not paint them but stencils.
I agree with Chippy it is vandalism the property being defaced is not his, people do not complain because for some strange reason people will pay good money for them.

So who made the stencil?

That's a bit like saying I don't like Monet watercolors, cos he didn't use oil paint. Art is not the medium?

I hope this becomes the new trend -

Trash a Banksy :D

1723555988014.png

Screenshot_20240814_084453_Google.jpg

Graffiti? Painted on the end of a house on a road that approaches the football ground. It's attracted loads of attention, visitors and it's other purpose...money to the area.

Done with consent I would say Clint.
That's not a overnight stencil

Mrs Clint wants Mr to paint a murial or summit on her shop...I'm thinking...
CLINT WOZ ERE

We only have one which is at the back of the Rose and Crown pub where there is an entrance to the a beer garden from a car park, i dont mind murals if they are done well.

Its a pebble dashed wall so it could look better.

1723647122156.png

1723647388503.png

Last edited:
I think the difference is the artists that do murals ask for permission first. I'm pretty sure Banksy doesn't. There are loads of cool ones in my town and they were all commissioned.

Latest posts

Back