bad form

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, don't want to sound like an old fart, but does anyone else get p****d off when someone asks for help you bend over backwards for them and they don't have the decency to post a "cheers for that mate". spent about 40 mins looking something up, writing it up, answered their question and got feck all back, feel like you are wasting your time. rant over! :nono:
johnluc.

Has the person in question been online since you gave the advice? Just in case they haven't seen it. Or have they totally blanked what you wrote and continued on with the thread?

yes scott, he started another thread about an hour after my post which was the last post on the thread,
johnluc.

Hawks said:
If yours is still the last post, they may not have read it...

i don't think that's the case HawKs they asked a specific question and then started another thread about an hour later,
anyway ce'st la vie as they say here,
johnluc

Comme ci, comme ça, la vie passe. Don't you think that it's all down to forum etiquette??

As they say in Yorkshire JL, "There's nowt so queer as folks" :hmm:

I hope it wasn't me :oops:

You often find that people of forums don't often have the same sense of manners that they would in real life. After all your not actually in front of anyone when your typing away. Some people see that as an opportunity to ignore etiquette.

I give my knowledge freely . . . its the only way I can repay those that passed knowledge on to me . . . . If I get thanks for it then Ok . . . if not that's fine too.

The one thing that really p!sses me off however is when I post something someone asks for a further in depth explanation, and once they have that say "Well I'm going to continue to do it my way" especially when it is obvious that they actually have little knowledge of what tehy are doing or why. . . ."A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Aleman said:
I give my knowledge freely . . . its the only way I can repay those that passed knowledge on to me . . . . If I get thanks for it then Ok . . . if not that's fine too.

The one thing that really p!sses me off however is when I post something someone asks for a further in depth explanation, and once they have that say "Well I'm going to continue to do it my way" especially when it is obvious that they actually have little knowledge of what tehy are doing or why. . . ."A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

I'll always listen to every word anyone who has a delorean time machine says ;)

johnluc said:
Hi all, don't want to sound like an old fart, but does anyone else get p****d off when someone asks for help you bend over backwards for them and they don't have the decency to post a "cheers for that mate". spent about 40 mins looking something up, writing it up, answered their question and got feck all back, feel like you are wasting your time. rant over! :nono:
johnluc.

Do you mean like this post? http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25053
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

original

Latest posts

Back