Back to bubbling ! Recipe wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Majik

Reaction score
Hi all

Had a rather mental couple of years which left me with no time to brew. Things have stabilized and i have finally found myself the time i need to make some beer ! Hurrah :-P

I am looking for a BIAB basic recipe to build from, In metric, to get started again. My malt is home made and i'm currently a one hop wonder (challenger) until i get back in to the swing of things. Then i can start dabbling with aroma hops and speciality malts etc. but for now if you have a most basic of basic ale step by step i would be grateful :-D

Merci
MM

Glad to hear things are settling down for you!

Can you describe what your malts are like? Is it just malted base malts or do you create crystal malts too? What are you capable of dong?

What yeast do you have to work with?

What styles do you like or dislike?

What kind of hop profile do you enjoy in your beers? Lower IBU's or higher or something in-between? Maybe less on the flavor/aroma side or lighter on the bittering side?

In our hop forward beers we'll often reduce the bittering addition and add more to the flavor/aroma end to give more flavor. This is usually done with citrusy type hops.

I see Challenger seems more like Mount Hood or some such from what I gather.

Back