ASDA Red Grape Juice Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow47

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi, I was browsing in ASDA the other day and seen Red Grape juice for £1 a litre, was thinking of buying 4 to see what they're like when fermented.

Has anyone tried this with grape juice? What sort of wine will I get out of it? Will it be comparable to one of the cheap kits you can buy?

Firstly, grape juices are 3L for £2 in Morrison's and Sainsbury's (and possibly others too).

I haven't tried a wine from supermarket grape juice alone, I tend to use grape & apple or grape & orange. I would imagine grape juice alone would give a very thin wine because they are pressed from mostly dessert (eating) grapes and not from wine grapes.

As above....you would be better off spending your money on 250ml of concentrated grape juice from a home brew shop (about £2.50) and making your wine from that ;)

Thanks, are you talking about something like this(link)?

Its says "Red Wine Enricher", would it be OK to just make a wine out of it without any extra fruit or anything? Maybe stick some raisins in to improve body?

Yes that is the sort of thing but you would need 2 of them to make a half decent wine on it's own.

There are larger tins and bottles available which work out better value and 500 ml will make a wine on it's own Link

Or as you say, add tinned or fresh fruit, raisins, supermarket juice whatever.

Back