ANY GROWERS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit081

Reaction score
Appologies Mods if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move.

During the summer months I located 2 wild Cherry trees, which I have since identified and Wild British Cherry Plums. One golden and one red. Apparently that is how they grow one of each.

I picked loads of them this years and have 5 gallons on the go, which smells divine, I went through the very tedious process of de-stoning them, and have since been left with a huge bag of The afformentioned seeds.

I was wondering if anyone wanted some to try and grow in the garden, apparently they give fruit after 2 years?

If anyone would like a handful, I will willingly send you some in the post, simply PM me your address and Ill even pay for the stamp :thumb:

cool im in llantwit fardre
Im interested in the seeds.
Im useless at finding wild fruit. think i need to get some literature on it.

Locky said:

No worries locky, I got hundreds matey, My mate lives in church village Im up there all the time, I found the trees at Cosmoston Lakes in Cardiff, and I have got permission to pick there all year round :thumb:

bandit081 said:
Locky said:

No worries locky, I got hundreds matey, My mate lives in church village Im up there all the time, I found the trees at Cosmoston Lakes in Cardiff, and I have got permission to pick there all year round :thumb:

Lucky you, wild cherries are great :cool:

When next Autumn comes around, I would be happy to take any Localers around there with me, I managed 25lb of sloes, 40 lb of wild cherries and about 11 lb of blackberries. There are also about 11 apple trees there too.

Next year is gonna be fun.

bandit081 said:

I was wondering if anyone wanted some to try and grow in the garden, apparently they give fruit after 2 years?

If anyone would like a handful, I will willingly send you some in the post, simply PM me your address and Ill even pay for the stamp :thumb:

I am interested, I want three cherry trees for my allotment, but I don't want to wait fifteen+ years for a tree that does nothing but shoot runners!

What do you do regards germinating and growing on? Is it straight in the ground?

Please let me know, I may just take a few anyhow!

Diesel1.

Diesel1 said:
bandit081 said:

I am interested, I want three cherry trees for my allotment, but I don't want to wait fifteen+ years for a tree that does nothing but shoot runners!

What do you do regards germinating and growing on? Is it straight in the ground?

Please let me know, I may just take a few anyhow!

Diesel1.

Hey diesel1, these seeds will have to be germinated mate, and will reach about 2-3 foot in a pot, in the first year, they can then be transplanted and after another year let the crops begin, anyone who wants some needs to PM me address so I can post them

Cheers

Dale

Latest posts

Back