Another elderflower champs thread...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebob01

Reaction score
Hiya

Last year I made some sparkly elderflower, I was pretty pleased with it. I essentially made the wine and let it finish but not clear and added priming sugar. It was good but this year I would like more fizz.

I added dextrose at a rate of 17g/l which is what I believe they use for the methode champenoise.

I have seen recipes which state to bottle at 1.010 which equates to about 30g/l of sugar.

Does anybody have any experience of how bottling whilst still fermenting Vs priming at the end compares...?

Also if I was to bottle at around 1.010 is there any point in transferring to a demijohn first or just leave in the bucket and try and catch at 1.010? I have seen recipes for both methods. I guess if transferring to a demijohn then this will slow it down so less likely for it to completely finish before I manage to catch it at 1.010 and bottle.

Did I need to add more sugar than I added, or maybe more nutrients? It only had a bit of sparkle and this year I want it to be properly fizzy!

Back