American Pale Ale - 12-02-12

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
I am planning to get a bit of an experimental brew on. I want a fairly big APA with good residual sweetness and I also have some German Ale Yeast to use to. I'm going to chuck this into the mix and see how it turns out (Odell use a german ale yeast so it isn't that far out there).

I am hoping for an early start but that depends on the kind of night I have this evening. :cheers:

APA-12-02-12.jpg

mark1964 said:
That recipe is similar to the one that has now gone unfortunately it was really good. Good luck Callum :thumb:

Thanks Mark, I'm hoping it will be a good one.

However I'm not long up and already made my first mistake. I got the water into the HLT and plugged it in - popped out after 20 minutes to check how things were going to realise I hadn't switched on at the wall. :roll:

It turned out to be a good brew and I hit my targets fairly well. I have now just got to have faith in the yeast - it throws a sulphurous odour so I might just stay out of the garage for a couple of days.

Abey came along to lend a hand so if it turns out **** I will obviously be blaming him. :lol:

Dunfie said:
I'm not long up and already made my first mistake. I got the water into the HLT and plugged it in - popped out after 20 minutes to check how things were going to realise I hadn't switched on at the wall. :roll:
At least you had more luck than I did in my APA brew this weekend when both elements of my boiler packed up and died on me! Interesting choice of yeast by the way.

Latest posts

Back