American IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm gonna have a go at making as many American ipa style brews as possible and I'm looking for some suggestions.
So far I've made the youngs IPA and the festival ipa. What others american IPAs can you guys recommend.
Thanks in advance
Dicko.

Hi ezze
I've heard of this one but never seen it for sale. Has anyone done a review on it?

Cheers Dicko

Hi Marconi
I really rate both of them. Very refreshing with big hop flavours. Some say the festival can be bitter but i think thats because the hops have been added to early as the instructions say to add on day 5. I prefer to add when the gravity is 1010 or lower and never had any problems. I have a festival in the fv at the moment.

Cheers Dicko

Another vote for The Range, MYO American IPA. You won’t find a better kit. More malt for your money with 2.5kg of LME In there and It’s bomb proof.

Thanks guys.
The MYO American ipa do you add any extra fermentables or just brew as is?

Cheers Dicko

Hi labrewski
I had a look at the mj American ipa at the weekend and noticed they recommend 1kg of brewing sugar or lme yet the lme comes in 1.2kg pouches. Roughly what % does it come out at?

Cheers Dicko

Hi labrewski
I had a look at the mj American ipa at the weekend and noticed they recommend 1kg of brewing sugar or lme yet the lme comes in 1.2kg pouches. Roughly what % does it come out at?

Cheers Dicko
Around 5 percent I used dextrose with aloe of my kits got some nice beer

If u have the patience which I didnt leave them mature a few weeks they are much better I gave the bro 2 bottles he brews all grain and never got round to drinking them till they were 2 months old and was well impressed with it

Hi labrewski
Have you made either the youngs or festival IPAs and if so how does the mj compare?

Cheers Dicko

Festival is also nice
Hi labrewski
Have you made either the youngs or festival IPAs and if so how does the mj compare?

Cheers Dicko
Nope I just stuck with mj and never been dissatisfied but I've never read anything only good reports from festival ipa

Hi labrewski

Cheers Dicko

You always have to add more liquid malt extract as it contains water. I was going to say you have to add 20% more (which is what the 1.2kg pouch would suggest) but I can't remember. It has been discussed on here before so you will be able to search for it.

Hi pavros
Yeah you're right it has been mentioned in the past. I knew there was reason just couldn't remember why.

Cheers Dicko

I’ve just dry hopped my MYO AIPA. Just for fun I chucked in 50g Citra as well as the supplied hops. Smells glorious. Made up with 600g MJ LME and 400g sugar, it hit 1011 in 2 days - the yeast is a monster at 25C and 12psi.

Back