6 brews in and I have definitely got the bug - where next?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Barron

Reaction score
I am currently doing BIAB on my 18l bulldog sparger. From a cost point of view in makes sense I increase batch size to 23l.

The grainfather is out of my price range, but do I go fora hopcat, Klarstein or robobrew or a more traditional mash tun boiler set up?

Last edited:
Is the Robobrew better than the hopcat or Klarstein ones? I have heard there is some issue with customer service with the robobrew and that puts me off a bit.

If i had the room to brew in and the readies I would've gone for a 3 vessel system.

Is it still possible to pick up one of the older style bulldog brewers? The quick release for the pipework for the (admittedly ****) pump fits the sparger too meaning using the sparger is a breeze

Robobrew are very well established in the US and the U.K. distributor brewkegtap are a great company to deal with.

Also the Robobrew are on their 3rd revision so most of the problems have been ironed out.

I’m lucky enough to have the brewmaster booked in with Santa this year. I favour that one personally over them all. But they seems to be very little in all of them, they will all produce the same quality ale.

HTH.

I am currently doing BIAB on my 18l bulldog sparger. From a cost point of view in makes sense I increase batch size to 23l.

The grainfather is out of my price range, but do I go fora hopcat, Klarstein or robobrew or a more traditional mash tun boiler set up?

Do you already have a brew fridge?
Although I get the appeal of a shiny wort making machine - I think temp control will have a bigger impact on your beer quality if you don't already have one.
acheers.

Actually I have just got my hands on a cheap fridge that I will be turning into a Brew fridge. However at £35 figure I don't need wife approval and I may neglect to tell the her about the additional cost of the inkbird and heater:.

Latest posts

Back