50l Stock Pot Boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Peasie

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi All
My first question.
I am currently building my first AG brewery I have made my Coolbox mash tun and am currently building my cooler and HLT.
The HLT was gonna be the boiler too, but its the kettle element plastic bin variety and I must say that now its nearly assembled there is no way I will boil anything in it.
I am going to use a 50l stock pot and gas ring as my boiler, firstly does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a stock pot?.
Secondly can anyone recommend the fittings to use for the plumbing, do they need to be anything special due to the heat generated from the gas ring?.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

the stock pots are ok but i was advised against them as they tend to develop cracks after a while. Might be worthwhile getting a boiler or even a mash tun boiler combined. I got an electrim boiler that also serves as a tun for around £60 :cheers:

Mark all metal develops cracks after a while it is just a matter of how long the while is. If you are now moving them whilst full they will survive a few life times.

Latest posts

Back